Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
If you have subscribed contacts who didn't open an email campaign that contained important information for them, you may want to send it again. Sending the same campaign can sometimes cause unsubscribes, but if you only do it once, and within a day of the original send time, it may help you boost your engagement.
In this article, you'll learn how to re-send an email campaign to people who didn't open it.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Your chances of unsubscribes and complaints will increase if you resend a campaign two or more days after original delivery time.
- Check out the Mailchimp blog to view the latest research on resending campaigns.
- This article tells you how to resend unopened regular, plain-text, A/B testing, or multivariate email campaigns from Mailchimp on a web browser.
- You can also resend unopened regular email campaigns from the mobile app in a few taps. To learn more, read our article: Resend to Non-Openers with the Mobile App.
Resend an Unopened Campaign
To resend your campaign to people who didn't open it, you'll replicate the original campaign and send it to a segment of unresponsive subscribers.
Replicate Your Campaign
To replicate a campaign, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click the drop-down menu for the campaign you want to resend, and choose Replicate.
The replicated copy opens to the Campaign Builder.
Target Unresponsive Subscribers
To target unresponsive contacts, follow these steps.
- In the To section of the Campaign Builder, click Edit Recipients.
- Click the Segment drop-down menu and select Group or new segment.
- Click the Contacts match drop-down menu, and choose all.
- For the first condition, set the drop-down menus to Campaign Activity | was sent, and choose the campaign name.
- Click Add.
- For the second condition, set the drop-down menus to Campaign Activity | did not open, and choose the campaign name.
- Click Update Recipient Count to see how many subscribed contacts meet your criteria. Only these contacts will receive the replicated campaign.
- Click Save, then send or schedule your campaign.
All set! Now you've resent your campaign to subscribed contacts who didn't open it the first time it was sent.
Be sure to monitor your Reports page to see how your campaign resend affected engagement.
Consider planning a re-engagement campaign to win back long-term inactive subscribers.