9. Partner with influencers and local celebrities
One of the most popular methods of marketing today includes influencer marketing. Partnering with social media influencers and celebrities can drastically increase your online traffic, event ticket sales, and donations.
Connect with influencers and celebrities who have a personal connection with your cause or fundraiser to attract those who are genuinely interested in your event. You can create a social media campaign with the help of influencers or invite local figures to your fundraiser.
Reach out to local radio stations to share press releases and announce your upcoming event. Connecting with local radio and television stations can give your event the boost it needs to succeed. You can also contact local stations to inquire about advertisements and promotional costs for commercials on-air.
When working in cause marketing, contacting local radio stations and prospective media partners is important to help spread the word about your fundraiser. Engaging with local and online sponsors can boost your organization's visibility while providing additional networking opportunities.
Learning how to advertise fundraisers with a successful promotional strategy is a process that takes time and effort. Event promotion and fundraising advertising require you to understand your audience and prospective media sponsors. However, with some work and preparation, you can effectively promote a fundraising campaign and achieve your desired results.
Use the tips below to start building your strategy.
Whenever you're thinking of hosting a fundraiser, it's important to prioritize the planning process. Fundraising requires plenty of planning and logistics, especially when seeking donors and media partners.
Set clear goals and objectives
When planning and strategizing, create a list of clear goals and objectives you aim to meet with your fundraiser. Are you attempting to raise a fixed amount of money? Do you want to network with prospective business partners and donors? Consider the objectives you have in mind to help shape the planning process.
Ensure your story is compelling
Thousands of fundraisers and events occur daily. For your fundraiser and organization to stand out, you'll need to develop a compelling story.
Ask yourself the following questions before hosting your next fundraising event or campaign:
- What's the purpose of my fundraiser?
- Who am I trying to attract to the event and why?
- Am I interested in spreading the word about my cause, garnering followers, generating sales, or raising funds for a particular cause?
- What makes my organization's story stand out amongst the rest? How can I demonstrate that my organization or fundraiser is different from others?
- How can I appeal to my audience genuinely and authentically, both online and off?
- How can I incentivize guests to attend my event and sponsors to donate to the cause?
- What marketing methods are used to appeal to the demographics I intend to reach?
Marketing fundraisers early can make all the difference in hosting a successful event. The earlier you can market a fundraiser, the more likely individuals are to attend. With enough time to prepare, prospective attendees, donors, and sponsors have adequate time to plan for a donation and tell others about the event.