MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp is looking for a security savvy Penetration Tester to join our Operations Team. You'll use your natural curiosity and determination to seek out, exploit, and help destroy security vulnerabilities in our app. You are well-versed and up-to-date on security risks, vulnerabilities, trends, how to test for these risks. If this sounds like you and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Operations team to review code and identify possible security risks
- Develop and execute a penetration testing plan for each new release
- Provide coding/technical recommendations and remedies
- Spend hours trying to break our app (aka - penetration testing)
- Review and validate vulnerabilities reported via responsible disclosure program
- Familiarity with common web application penetration testing tools (Burp Suite, WebScarab, nmap, etc.) and vulnerability scanners
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks at a time
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Code proficiency using one or more of the following languages: PHP, Java, Python or SQL
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as NDS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
Bonus Points for
- Experience with integrations and mobile applications
- Experience with w3af and Wireshark
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.