Senior Systems Engineer
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Operations team keeps the lights on at MailChimp—they're responsible for infrastructure, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenter. Systems Engineers work with the Development, Marketing, and Data Science teams to support the infrastructure and monitoring for large-scale projects and products that reach millions of users around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and adaptable engineer to join their ranks. You're passionate about technology and ready to dig deep to solve problems for our users and our business. You're always willing to take time to help others grasp technical tasks, while still accomplishing your own work. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Provisioning, configuring, and maintaining of servers and services
- Primary support for production outages
- Provide support to all environments (prod, stage, QA)
- Work collaboratively with devs and engineers to solve complex system issues
- Provide technical guidance on larger scale projects that may span multiple Engineering teams
- Collaborate with and mentor System Engineers
- 5+ years of experience working within large-scale linux environments (100+ servers, 1000+ a bonus)
- Experience monitoring, configuring, and provisioning servers and services (apache/nginx, mysql, named, etc.)
- Experience with system-level troubleshooting: understanding logs, strace, netstat, top/htop, iostat, etc.
- Understanding of Linux (advanced), Apache/Nginx (intermediate to advanced), Zabbix/Graphite/Similar (intermediate), Bash/Python/Ruby (intermediate to advanced), MySQL/PostgreSQL (intermediate), Puppet (intermediate)
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.