MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Operations team keeps the lights on at MailChimp—they’re responsible for infrastructure, as well as provisioning, configuring, and monitoring the services in our datacenter. The team is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their ranks. You will work closely with the Development, Marketing, and Data Science teams to support the infrastructure and monitoring for large-scale projects and products that reach millions of users around the world. You're an experienced and adaptable engineer who is passionate about technology and willing to dig deep to solve problems for our users and our business. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Provisioning, configuring, and maintaining of servers and services
- Primary support for production outages
- Provide support to all environments (prod, stage, qa)
- Ensure monitoring is in line with current needs
- Be part of an after-hours on-call rotation
- Work collaboratively with devs and engineers to solve complex system issues
- At least one year of experience (3+ is ideal) working within large-scale linux environments (100+ servers, 1000+ a bonus)
- Previous experience monitoring, configuring, and provisioning the servers and services (apache/nginx, mysql, named, etc.)
- Experience with system-level troubleshooting: understanding logs, strace, netstat, top/htop, iostat, etc.
- Skill in Linux (intermediate to advanced), Apache/Nginx (intermediate), Zabbix/Graphite/Similar (intermediate), Bash/Python/Ruby (intermediate), MySQL/PostgreSQL (beginner to intermediate), Puppet
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.