Application Security Engineer
MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp’s Operations team keeps the lights on at the company, and its Security team keeps MailChimp’s products and users safe. We encourage awareness of fundamental security best practices throughout the company and provide resources for others to learn more about operational and web application security.
We’re looking for a Security Engineer to join the team.This role will work on the Security Operations team to build internal tools to detect and respond to security issues, assist in patching security issues found in our app, and help educate our staff on best practices around writing secure code. Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer with a passion for security and has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Build internal tools that detect and respond to security issues
- Educate development on best secure coding practices
- Collaborate with other teams on building and reviewing new features and products
- Helping build out security testing automation
- Spread security awareness and promote paranoia
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: PHP, Java, Go, SQL or Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to switch between working independently and collaborating with colleagues and across teams
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.