MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing service. More than 14 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
MailChimp has a lot of users sending a lot of emails, which means we have a lot of customer data. The Data Research team serves departments throughout the company by digging into MailChimp’s massive data set to answer questions like: Who are our users? Why are our users behaving in a certain way? What do they want? The answers to these questions allow the business to create and refine products that meet our customers needs.
We're looking for a Data Researcher to help answer questions for the Qualitative Research team, the Product team, and the Marketing team. You are a pro-active, independent learner who wants to continue developing a rounded skillset across both quantitative and qualitative domains - learning about marketing metrics one day and big data pipelining the next. You enjoy to balance small, individual projects and larger, collaborative projects. Developers, designers, and company leadership will all make decisions based on the answers you provide, so this role is within the territory of "with great power comes great responsibility."
- Answer quantitative research questions posed by other teams at MailChimp, particularly Marketing, Product, Qualitative Researchers, and the Executive team
- Help scope questions, manage internal clients, and clearly deliver results in the appropriate format
- Apply statistics and forecasting methods
- Write reports and create visualizations for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Maintain internal documentation about our tools and methods
- 2+ years of data analysis in a collaborative or client facing role
- Proficiency with SQL and Excel
- Ability to write blog posts and reports for a non-technical audience
- Experience in the UNIX command line environment with scripting, pipes, regex, and other basic data/file manipulation practices
- Firm grasp on fundamental programming skills
- Willingness to work in Atlanta
- Bonus points for the following:
- A strong math/stats foundation
- Familiarity with Python or R for data preparation, analysis, and forecasting
- Experience with data visualization
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.