Director, Marketing Content
MailChimp is the world's leading marketing automation platform. More than 15 million people and businesses use MailChimp to connect with customers, build brands, and sell stuff. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, advertising, automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re looking for a Director of Marketing Content. Someone who will lead the development of our content initiatives in all forms to drive new and existing business. This person will map out our content strategy to support and extend short- and long-term marketing initiatives including customer acquisition, customer education, and feature penetration and adoption. The ideal candidate can think like an educator, understanding what our audience needs to know and how and where they want to consume content. In partnership with Design, they will ensure all content is on-brand and consistent with MailChimp’s style, quality and tone of voice. They will also lead a team of content managers, writers, and editors, inspiring them to meet content program objectives.
- Build and maintain functional expertise in digital marketing that is translated into content for customers and agencies.
- Develop and manage a content calendar across marketing, product (mobile and desktop), and social content.
- Develop standards, best practices, and workflows for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval, repurposing, and retiring.
- Work closely with the marketing and design teams to ensure content is optimized for search and user experience for all channels, including the web, in-app, social media, email, mobile, video, print, and in-person.
- Collaborate with the brand team to determine how to integrate content into campaigns and the marketing optimization team to gauge content effectiveness.
- Work with content owners across the company to refine and measure content performance against marketing goals.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, public relations, or related communications field. MBA in marketing preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel marketing and content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.). Ideally, should have direct experience working in both e-commerce and SMB related fields.
- Experience hiring and managing a team of content creators and strategists.
- Proven editorial acumen, experience in multimedia storytelling, and skill in developing distribution strategies and tactics.
- A passion for new technology tools (e.g., using tools like social ads and, of course, MailChimp!).
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within seasonal and ongoing campaigns.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience implementing information architecture to improve content discoverability across web properties.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Sprinklr, etc.).
- Experience implementing translation and localization efforts a plus.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 500+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our office is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.