Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
Often, people want to know what your email campaigns will be like before they sign up to receive them. When you create a sample campaign, you can show potential subscribers exactly what to expect.
In this article, you'll learn how to create a sample email campaign to share with potential subscribers.
Before You Start
- To create a sample campaign, you need a list that includes your email address as a subscribed contact.
Create Sample Campaign
If you've already been sending campaigns, you can share the campaign URL for your sample campaign.
We suggest using the campaign type as you'll use for future sends, so people get an accurate sense of what they'll receive from you.
In this example, we'll create a regular campaign with our Email Designer.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Click Email.
- On the Regular tab, enter a campaign name and click Begin.
- In the To section of the Campaign Builder, click Add Recipients.
- In the List drop-down menu, choose the list you want to send to.
- In the Segment drop-down menu, choose Group or new segment.
- Set the conditions to Email | is | your email address.
- Click Update Recipient Count.
- Click Save.
- In the From section of the Campaign Builder, click Add From.
- Enter your from name and email address.
You may be asked to verify the domain in your email address.
- Click Save.
- In the Subject section, click Add Subject.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject line for your email.
- In the Preview text field, you can enter up to 150 characters that will display next to your subject line in recipients’ inboxes. This field is optional.
- Click Save.
- In the Content section, click Design Email.
- On the Template step, choose your template.
- On the Design step, add your sample content.
- Click Save and Continue.
- In the Share your campaign section, review your campaign URL and ensure that Facebook and Twitter sharing is disabled.
Send Campaign to Yourself
After you’ve completed the To, From, Subject, and Content sections of the Campaign Builder, you should see a green checkmark next to each. That means you're ready to send your sample newsletter to yourself.
To send your sample newsletter, follow these steps.
- Click Send.
- In the Prepare for launch modal, click Send Now to confirm your send.
Your sample campaign is on its way!