Get the job done with a pro
From training to full-service marketing, our community of partners can help you make things happen.
Create a Custom Report
Create and build a custom report with the metrics that matter most to you to see how your contacts interact with your email campaigns. Custom reports can help you improve your email performance. Apply filters to see how your regular, A/B testing, multivariate, and classic automation emails performed.
In this article, you’ll learn how to build and download a custom report.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Custom reports are available for users with a Standard plan or higher. To change your plan type, visit the plans page in your account.
- To create a custom report you’ll need to have at least one audience with a sent email campaign. To learn more about audience creation, check out Getting Started with Your Audience.
- Open and click tracking must be turned on in an email campaign for those statistics to populate in a report.
- The report date range is based on your account’s local time zone.
Create a custom report
Create a custom report by naming your report and choosing an audience and date range. You’ll build your report by choosing email engagement and delivery metrics.
Set up your report
To name your report and select an audience and date range, follow these steps.
- Click Analytics, then click Custom reports.
- Click Create custom report.
- In the Report name field, type a name for your report. Click Add description to add optional text to describe the report.
- Click the Audience drop-down to choose an audience for the report. You may choose more than one.
- Click the Date range drop-down, then click the second Date range drop-down to choose a time frame.
Use the calendar icons to choose a custom date range.
- Click Apply.
The report includes all campaigns with activity during the selected date range, not just campaigns with activity in the metrics you select.
Build your report
In the Build your report section, you’ll choose one or more metrics for email engagement or delivery. The metrics you select will form the columns of your CSV file. The Group by field will form the rows of your CSV file. You can filter the report by campaign type or name.
To build your custom report, follow these steps.
Use the Metrics drop-down to choose the columns for your CSV file. Selected metrics will be displayed above the Metrics field.
Click 'X' to delete a metric.
You can choose any of these metrics.
The number of recipients who clicked any tracked link.
The number of recipients who opened the email campaign.
- Click rate
The percentage of delivered emails that registered at least one click.
- Clicks per unique opens
The percentage of recipients who opened the email campaign and then clicked a link.
- Total clicks
The total number of times any tracked link was clicked. This count includes multiple clicks from individual recipients.
- Emails sent
The number of emails that were sent.
- Open rate
The percentage of total recipients (successful deliveries) who opened the email campaign.
- Total opens
The number of times an email was opened.
The number of recipients who unsubscribed from an email campaign.
- Unsubscribe rate
The percentage of recipients who opened the email campaign and unsubscribed.
- Delivery rate
The number of emails sent, minus the number of hard and soft bounces, divided by the number of emails sent.
- Successful deliveries
The number of emails successfully delivered to your contacts’ inboxes.
The number of emails that didn't get delivered to your contacts’ inboxes.
- Bounce rate
The percentage of emails that didn't get through to your contacts’ inboxes. We calculate this number by taking the number of hard and soft bounces divided by the number of emails sent.
- Abuse complaints
The number of recipients who reported your email as spam. Contacts who report a campaign as spam are automatically unsubscribed from your emails.
- Abuse rate
We calculate this number by taking the number of abuse reports divided by the number of successfully delivered emails.
- Click the Group by drop-down to choose the rows for your CSV file. At this time, only Campaign is available.
- Use the optional Add filter drop-down to choose a filter.
- Use the second Add filter field to apply additional filters for Campaign type, such as regular emails, A/B testing and multivariate emails, and classic automation. You may choose more than one.
- Click the trash icon to delete the filter options.
- Click Run report.
Nice work! Next, you'll download your report once it's in Completed status to see how your email campaign performed.
Download a custom report
The report table shows the report name, status, date created, and the last run date. Reports in Completed status can be downloaded and viewed. In progress reports may take several minutes to complete, depending on the parameters you’ve selected.
To download a custom report, follow these steps.
- Click Analytics, then click Custom reports.
- Click the download icon to download a CSV file.
Delete a custom report
To delete a custom report, follow these steps.
- Click the three dots icon and click Delete.
- In the pop-up modal, click Delete to confirm.