When you create a Facebook ad or enable a Facebook pixel for a website, landing page, or connected site in Mailchimp, you can enable Facebook’s Limited Data Use feature to limit the way your contacts’ and website visitor data is used. This may help you comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
In this article, you’ll learn how to enable limited data use for Facebook.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start.
- You can limit data use by Facebook on published landing pages, websites, and connected stores. If you take no action, these limits will not be enabled.
- Facebook Limited Data Use is a feature offered by Facebook for its users. Facebook and Mailchimp are not affiliates or partners.
About the California Consumer Privacy Act
The CCPA is a data privacy law that gives California state residents various rights to their personal information. Facebook offers limited data use in connection with the CCPA to help you meet your compliance needs.
Enable limited data use
You can turn on limited data use for your mailchimp website, landing pages, or connected sites on an individual basis. For example, if you enable limited data use for a landing page, the setting will apply only to that page and its associated ads.
In this section, we'll go over how to enable limited data use for your website, landing pages, and connected stores in Mailchimp.
Enable limited data use for your website
To enable limited data use for your website, follow these steps.
- Click the Website icon.
- Click Website.
- Click Update site tracking.
- In the pop-up modal, use the toggle to enable Facebook Limited Data Use.
- Click Save.
Great! Limited data use will be enabled for the Facebook ads or Facebook pixel associated with your Mailchimp website.
Enable limited data use for your landing page
To enable limited data use for your landing page, follow these steps.
- Click the Campaigns icon.
- Click All campaigns.
- Click the name of the landing page you want to work with. If your landing page is already published, click the drop-down menu and choose Edit.
- Scroll to the Settings & Tracking section and click Edit.
- Click Accept to agree to our additional terms. You'll only need to accept the terms once.
- Check the box next to Enable limited data use.
- Click Save.
Well done! Limited data use will be enabled for the Facebook ads or Facebook pixel associated with your landing page. If you have multiple landing pages, be sure to enable limited data use for each one individually.
Enable limited data use for your connected store
To enable limited data use for your connected store, follow these steps.
- Click the Integrations icon.
- On your store's page, scroll to the Facebook Limited Data Use section and click Enable.
That's it! Limited data use is now enabled for Facebook ads connected to your site.