In this article, you'll learn where to access your template's HTML code within the Templates section of your account, and how to add images to your custom template from the Content Manager.
Access the Template HTML Code
- Navigate to the Templates page.
- Browse the template list or search or the template you want to edit.
- Click Edit for the Code your own template you want to work with. From this screen, you can edit the template using MailChimp's visual designer tools or click the Edit Code button to work directly in the template's HTML.
- After you're done, click Save in the lower-left corner.
- Click Save and Exit in the lower-right corner of the Template Builder screen.
- Changes made to a Code your own template will appear in any draft or scheduled campaigns that use the template. Before making edits to a Code your own template, make sure there aren't any draft or scheduled campaigns that could be negatively affected by your changes.
- The Edit Code button is only accessible in the Template Builder. To edit the code for a template you saved from the Campaign Builder, export the template and then import it back into your account as a Code your own template. Note that you won't be able to add, edit, or remove any of the drag-and-drop blocks in the imported version.
Use the Content Manager with Your Custom Template
The Content Manager keeps your files handy when you're coding your own templates. You can use the copy URL feature to save a file's source URL to your clipboard and quickly insert it into your code.
- Navigate to the Template Builder and open the template you want to work with.
- Click Content Manager in the Edit Code pane.
- Locate the file you want to link in your code, and click Copy URL.
An alert appears to confirm the source URL has been copied to your clipboard.
- Click the X icon to close the Content Manager .
- Place your cursor in the Edit Code pane where you want to put the source URL and paste it in.