The content studio organizes your images, documents, and other files in Mailchimp. Use it to store and manage the content you'll share with your audience.
In this article, you'll learn how to use the content studio.
Before you start
- To access Instagram photos in the content studio, connect your Mailchimp account to a Facebook Page you manage that is also connected to your Instagram Business profile.
- Product images are available to users who connect a supported e-commerce store or custom API 3.0 integration. To find out if your store supports this feature, visit the Integrations page, click the name of your integration, and check for Product content block in the Features list.
- If you edit a product image in Mailchimp, no changes will be made to the original source file. Instead, we'll add a new, edited version of it to the My files tab in the content studio.
About the content studio
The content studio contains all of the files you've uploaded in Mailchimp, as well as images from your connected store, Instagram Business account, and Giphy's searchable GIF library.
Click the different tabs to access and organize different types of content for your campaigns.
- Creative Assistant
The Creative Assistant automatically generates designs based on your website or landing pages. Manage your design elements in the Brand Kit, store the designs you like in your Design Library, and use them in your marketing campaigns. To learn more, check out Use the Creative Assistant.
- My files
Contains images, documents, or files you upload in Mailchimp.
Contains product images from a connected online store.
Contains a searchable Giphy library and recent GIFs.
Contains images from the Instagram Business account associated with your connected Facebook Page.
- My logo
Contains your default logo, which you can edit, change, or remove.
Access the content studio
To access the content studio, click Content.
Here are a few other places to access the content studio.
Upload or import files
You can upload images up to 1MB each and other file types up to 10MB each to the content studio from several locations in your account. You can also import an image file from a URL.
Link images or files in your campaigns, and we'll track the clicks in the campaign report so you can see who downloaded them.
When a file is uploaded to the content studio, we’ll change the file name to a unique identification number, which can't be changed. Renaming the file in the content studio does not change the identification number when it’s downloaded.
Copy an image URL
If you create custom HTML templates in our Code Editor and want to embed an image or link to a file, you'll need the URL for that item.
To copy an item URL, follow these steps.
- From the Code Editor, click Content Studio.
- Click the tab that contains your file.
- Click the file you want to work with.
- Click the drop-down menu next to View Details, and choose Copy URL.
- Click X in the upper-right corner to return to the Code Editor.
- Paste the copied URL into the Code Editor.
Add files into folders
Use folders to organize items in the My files tab of the content studio. Create or delete folders, move batches of files to a folder, or move individual files from folder to folder.
To add a file to a folder, follow these steps.
- Click Content, then click My files.
- Click each file you want to move into a folder.
- Click the Move To drop-down menu and click the folder where you want the files to go. We'll automatically move each file to the folder you choose.
If you need to add a new folder, click Add Folder. Type in a new folder name and click Add Folder again, or press Enter.
That's it! Now you can find your files in the folder you chose or created. Open a folder to further edit, filter, or sort your files. To return to My files, click X in the filter settings block.
Search, sort, and filter files
In our content studio, you can search, sort, or filter your content to find what you need.
Click the tab you want to search. Type a term into the search bar at the top of the screen, then press Enter on your keyboard or click the search icon.
Use the Sort By drop-down menu to organize by alphabetically date created, or file size.
Filter options differ depending on the tab selected.
- Click Uploader in the My files tab to choose a user on the account, and display only files that user has uploaded.
- Click the Folders drop-down to choose to display content in a specific folder.
- Click Content type in the My files tab to filter by content type, like image, video, or spreadsheet.
- Click Store in the Products tab to view products from a specific connected store.
- Click Max Rating in the Giphy tab to view GIFs based on an MPAA rating scale.
- Click the drop-down in the Instagram tab to filter based on the Facebook Page associated with the Instagram account.
Used along with filtering, sorting, and folders, changing views can help you quickly scan for the files you need. You can change the content studio's layout to show a tile view or a list view.
Click the corresponding icon to switch between a tile view and a list view.
Use the View drop-down menu on the lower-right of the content studio to choose the number of files you want to display.
Set a default logo
When you set a default logo in the content studio, the image you choose will appear anywhere you have a logo placeholder in your Mailchimp website, landing pages, or email campaigns.
To set a default logo, follow these steps.
- Click Content, then click My files.
- Click the image you want to use as your logo.
- Click the View Details drop-down menu and choose Set My Logo.
After you set your logo, you’ll be able to view it on the My logo tab. To learn more about how the default logo works in your account, read Set a Default Logo.
If you no longer want to store a file in the content studio, you can delete it at any time. Image deletion won't affect the display of sent campaigns or archive pages, with the exception of your default logo.
To delete a file, follow these steps.
- Click Content, then click the tab that contains the file you want to use.
- Click the files you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- In the Are you sure? pop-up modal, click Delete to confirm.
If you aren't ready to delete the files, click Cancel.
After you delete your file, it may take up to 48 hours to disappear from the content studio.
- On smaller screens, the Delete button will appear as a trashcan icon. Its functionality is the same.
- It’s not possible to delete content from the Products, Instagram, or Giphy tabs.