Use Image content blocks to add visual elements to your email campaigns. Images make your content more engaging, and can be used as clickable links to drive sales and interactions.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Image content blocks in the new builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This article tells you how to use Image content blocks for the new builder. For more information on Image content blocks in the classic builder, check out Use Image Content Blocks in the Classic Builder.
- You can include as many Image content blocks as you need, but keep our image requirements in mind so your content displays as expected on both desktop and mobile devices.
- When you upload an image to the content studio, we change the file name to a unique identifier that can't be duplicated or changed.
- The content studio supports JPG, JPE, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP image files.
- To embed multiple images in a single block, or to include images next to Text or Button blocks, use a Layout content block.
For more information on each email builder and their content blocks, check out About Mailchimp’s Email Builders.
Use Image content blocks
To use an Image content block, follow these steps.
- Click an Image block, or click and drag an Image block into your layout from the side panel.
- Click the Add drop-down in the Image menu. Then, choose to Upload Image or to Browse Images from the content studio.
- Click and drag the borders or corners of the image to crop or resize it as needed.
- Use the editing toolbar to Browse Images, Edit image with the Photo Editor, or click the radius icon to created rounded corners.
After you click the radius icon, set the corner radius to small, medium, large, or choose a custom radius.
- In the Image menu, set the image Alignment as left, center, right, or full.
- If you want the image to link to a page or profile on the web, add a URL to the Link to field.
- In the Alt Text field, add descriptive text to make your email more accessible.
- Choose your Block Background color and adjust the block Padding.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps target different types of subscribers at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.