If you’ve switched to our new email builder, some of the steps in this article may not apply. To learn how to use the new builder, check out Design an Email with the New Builder.
You can use Mailchimp to get your subscribers to your website, store, or landing page. Use the editor toolbar in a Text or Image content block to add links to your campaign, and use click tracking to see who clicks on them.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add a link to your campaign.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- We support mailto:, http, and https protocols that you can use to create links within a campaign. FTP links or mobile deep links are not supported.
- Merge tag links, such as *|ARCHIVE|* or *|UPDATE_PROFILE|*, can’t be tracked in click reports.
- Because mailto: links go to an email program instead of a web page, they can't be tracked as clicks in your campaign reports.
- Include only one email address when using mailto: links.
- For optimal results, use a full URL. Shortened links can sometimes trigger spam filters.