Mailchimp’s Loyalty leaderboard helps businesses track and engage with their most loyal customers. By keeping track of customer engagement and purchase history, the leaderboard ranks customers, making it easier to identify and reward the most loyal ones.
Use this tool to offer rewards and incentives to your most loyal customers. For example, you might offer exclusive discounts, free products, or early access to new releases.
In this article, you’ll learn about how Loyalty leaderboard can help you engage with your most loyal customers.
Things to know
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Loyalty leaderboard is in beta, and future updates depend upon user feedback. If you need assistance or have questions, contact support.
- Loyalty leaderboard is available in accounts with a connected e-commerce integration.
- If you have a paid Mailchimp plan, you can email your customers directly from Loyalty leaderboard.
Here are some terms you’ll come across as you work within Loyalty leaderboard:
The selected e-commerce store used to track customer purchase activity.
- Number of purchases
The amount of times the customer has completed a purchase through your store.
- Average order amount
The value of a customer’s purchases averaged across all of their purchases.
- Total spend
The total dollar value of all of a customer’s purchases.
- Time frame The date range Loyalty leaderboard uses to find customer purchase activity. Choose from last week, last month, month-to-date, last quarter, quarter-to-date, last year, and year-to-date.
How it works
Loyalty leaderboard is a marketing tool that presents recent customer purchase activity in a ranked order. Think of Loyalty leaderboard as a way to quickly find your most loyal customers and engage with them directly with an email message.
Organize the leaderboard with the ranking and date filters, then message users directly if you have a paid account.
Filter the Loyalty leaderboard
To change Loyalty leaderboard filters, follow these steps.
- Click Audience, then click Loyalty leaderboard.
- Click the Current audience drop-down and choose the audience you want to work with.
- Click the Source drop-down to select a connected e-commerce store.
- Click the Rank Based On drop-down to choose which e-commerce metric to rank customers by.
- Click the Time Frame drop-down to choose a date range. The Loyalty leaderboard will only include activity within your selected time frame.
After you’ve filtered your customer activity, you’ll see a table of customers ranked by the e-commerce metric you picked. From here, view a customer’s contact profile or click Message to engage them directly.
To message a customer from the Loyalty leaderboard, follow these steps.
- Select the audience from the Current audience drop-down.
- Select a connected e-commerce store from the Source drop-down.
- On the Loyalty leaderboard customer table, click Message next to your target customer.
- Use the pop-up modal to compose a message to that customer.
- When you’re ready, click Send Message.