Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
There are a few different ways to access email campaign templates in your Mailchimp account.
In this article, you'll learn how to access your templates from the Templates page as well as the Campaign Builder.
Access from the Templates Page
To access your templates from the Templates page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Templates page.
- Find the template you want to work with. Use the Sort by dropdown menu to view your templates alphabetically or by last edited. You can also search for the name of a specific template.
- Click the drop-down menu for your template and select an action.
Access from the Campaign Builder
To access your templates from the Campaign Builder, follow these steps.
- In the Content section, click Design Email.
- On the Templates step, choose a type of template. To learn more about these options, read Types of Templates.
Saved templates is only an option if there are templates saved to your account.
- Click the template you want to use.
Creating Custom Templates
If you want to use your own templates, code your own template inside Mailchimp or import your template code. Use our template language to create editable content regions and styles.
Any changes you make to a drag and drop template won't be reflected in existing draft campaigns created from that template, but changes to custom-coded templates will be reflected.
If you want changes made to your drag and drop template to be reflected in your campaign, make changes to the template prior to adding your content.