Most email client programs can't play audio files directly inside an email, but you can add a link to share audio with your recipients when you build a campaign.
In this article, you'll learn how to insert a link to an audio file in your campaign.
Link to Audio Files
Provide a link to your audio file in your campaign, so recipients can download and listen to the track. Host your files on a publicly-accessible server or use MailChimp to host your files for you.
To link to an audio file in your campaign, follow these steps.
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Edit Design.
- On the Design step, click to edit or drag a new text content block into your layout.
- Type the text you want to link, like "Download the new track," and highlight that text.
- On the toolbar, click the Link icon.
- In the Insert or Edit Link modal, choose File from the drop-down menu.
- In the Content Manager, choose how you want to upload your file:
- Drag and drop files from your computer into the upload area.
- Click Upload to find and select a file from your computer.
- Click Import From URL and type or paste a file URL in the Import a file from a URL field.
After the upload is complete, you'll be returned to the Insert or Edit Link modal. If you want to set a link title or make the file open in a new window, click Advanced Options. After you're finished, click Insert.
A non-image file, like a PDF or MP3 file, includes the file name of the uploaded file in the URL and is not given a unique identification number. When the file is downloaded, it has the same file name as the uploaded file. Renaming the file in the Content Manager does not affect the URL or change the file name when it is downloaded.