Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
If someone has given you permission to subscribe them to your marketing, you can do this from the Audience tab in your account.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a single subscriber to your audience.
Add a Subscriber
To add a single subscriber to an audience, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Audience tab.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Add a subscriber.
- Type in the subscriber's information and check the This person gave me permission to email them box. Apply any necessary tags. If you have groups set up in your audience, those options will appear here.
- When you're done, click Subscribe.
If the email address is already on your audience and you want to update the information you have on file, check the If this person is already on my list, update their profile box.
After the person has been successfully added, we'll display a success message at the top of the page.