Subscribe and unsubscribe notifications are email alerts that tell you when someone joins or leaves your list. You can change how often you receive notifications, or turn them off for each list.
In this article, you'll learn how to stop or start your subscribe and unsubscribe notifications.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Our hosted sign-up forms support subscriber notifications for single and double opt-in lists.
- To receive notifications for subscribers added through an integration, double opt-in must be enabled in your integration settings.
Enable or Disable Notifications
To turn notifications on or off, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Settings.
- Click List name and defaults.
- Scroll to New subscriber notifications.
- For each notification you want to receive, input your email address. To disable notifications, leave the fields blank. When you’re done, click Save List And Campaign Defaults.
Troubleshooting Subscribe and Unsubscribe Notifications
If you’re not receiving notifications as expected, here are some common issues and tips to help you troubleshoot.
- Verify that your email address is entered in the notifications fields correctly.
- Imports, manual adds, and imports from other systems will not send a subscription notification.
- If you've added more than one email address to receive notifications, be sure they are separated with commas and don't exceed the field limit of 100 characters total.
- Your notification emails may be getting stuck in a spam filter. To test this, enter an email address with a different domain and sign up to your list to trigger the notification. If you receive the notification at the new email address, then you'll know the notification process is working but you have a spam filter issue on your end.
To fix this, add the email address from the reply-to field of the successful notification to your email client's address book. Update your notifications back to your regular address and sign up on your list again once more.