Now it’s easier than ever to recapture lost sales from people who abandon shopping carts in your store. Turn on an automated abandoned cart email from the Mailchimp mobile app, and we’ll handle the rest. Here, you'll learn how to do it on your mobile device.
Before You Start
To use abandoned cart automation on our mobile app, your account needs to meet a few requirements.
- Currently, you can only create an abandoned cart email on the mobile app if you don’t have this type of automation in your account yet.
- You’ll need to log into Mailchimp.com to connect a supported store to your account.
If you’ve connected your store but haven’t tried abandoned cart yet, you’re good to go.
How It Works
Turn on the automation with a few quick taps on your mobile device, and Mailchimp will send a customized abandoned cart email to each new site visitor who forgets to check out. The email will show the customer what they viewed and nudge them to buy it. Here’s an example of what your customer would see in their inbox.
Create an Abandoned Cart Email
Here’s how to make the magic happen.
- In the Mailchimp mobile app, tap the Home tab.
- Tap the explore icon.
- Tap the Abandoned Cart section.
- Tap Review And Start to create a draft email. We’ll automatically fill out the important details from your store.
- If you’re short on time and prefer a simple email, you can skip to step 6. Otherwise, tap Edit and Preview to change or preview the email design. You can add a logo, customize the wording and font, and more.
- To edit the email, tap each field to change the from email address, from name, or email subject.
- Tap Save & Exit when you finish your edits.
- Tap Confirm (iOS) or the send icon in the lower right corner (Android).
- On the next screen, touch and hold the button to start the automation.
All done! Now we’ll send an automated abandoned cart email to your potential customers.
To test your automation, begin a checkout in your store with a new email address. You don’t need to enter all your billing information, but be sure the email address is saved. Then navigate away from the site. We’ll automatically trigger the email to send 6 hours after the cart was abandoned.
Pause, Edit, or Resume Your Automation
To pause, edit, or resume your welcome email from your mobile app, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns tab.
- Tap your automation.
- Depending on what you’re doing, tap Pause All Emails or Resume All Emails. If you need to make changes to your automation after you pause it, you can edit most parts of it from the mobile app.
If you meet all our requirements but don’t see abandoned cart functionality in your account, your store may not have any abandoned carts yet. Make sure to turn on Marketing Tips so we can let you know the best time to reclaim some money with an abandoned cart email.