When you work with a freelancer, designer, or marketing agency, they may need access to your Mailchimp account to get things done. To make it easier and more secure, we offer a way to connect accounts that doesn't require you to share login information or give up a user seat.
In this article, you’ll learn how to view and accept an account access request from an agency.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- An agency user will not count as a seat on your pricing plan.
- When you grant an agency access to your account, they can grant access to new agency users at the same user level or lower.
- We highly recommend that you only grant access to accounts that you trust.
View and accept a request to connect
When an agency needs access to your Mailchimp account, they'll submit a request from their own account. This request will send an email to the address associated with the owner of your account.
To view and accept an agency request to connect accounts, follow these steps.
- In your email client, open the agency access request email.
- Click View Request.
- Log in to the Mailchimp account you want the agency to access. If you are currently logged in, you may need to switch accounts.
- Choose a maximum level of access for the entire agency. Keep in mind, their level of access can limit what they can do in your account. For example, a user with Manager level access can create and edit campaigns but can’t access billing information.
- Click Grant Access.
That’s it! We’ll notify the agency that access has been granted, and they can work in your account on your behalf.
After you grant access, you can revoke or change their roles at any time. To learn more about user levels, check out this guide.