When you work with an agency or freelancer, they may need access to your Mailchimp account to get things done. To make it easier and more secure, agencies and freelancers can connect to their clients’ accounts without taking up a user seat or sharing login information.
If you work with an agency that has a Mailchimp account, have them send you a request to connect accounts.
In this article, you’ll learn how to view and accept an account access request from an agency.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- Your agency or freelancer will have to send you a connection request before you can grant them access to your account.
- An agency user will not count as a user seat on your Marketing plan.
- When you grant an agency access to your account, they can give access to new agency users at the same user level or lower.
- We highly recommend that you only grant access to accounts that you trust.
- If you're looking to hire an expert, check out Mailchimp's Experts Directory.
View and accept a request to connect
When an agency needs access to your Mailchimp account, they'll submit a request from their own account. This request will send an email to the address associated with the owner of your account.
To view and accept a request to connect accounts, follow these steps.
- In your email client, open the agency access request email.
- Click View Request.
- Log in to the Mailchimp account you want the agency or freelancer to access.
- Choose a maximum level of access for the entire agency. Keep in mind, their level of access can limit what they can do in your account. For example, a user with Manager level access can create and edit campaigns but can’t access billing information.
- Click Grant Access.
That’s it! We’ll notify the agency or freelancer that access has been granted, and they can work in your account on your behalf.
After you grant agency access, you can revoke or change their role at any time. To change or remove account access, check out this guide.