Many freelancers, designers, and marketing agencies can benefit from Mailchimp's connected account features. If you manage multiple Mailchimp accounts, you can easily access and switch between your clients’ accounts from one place.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect clients’ accounts.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Client account access should be enabled by the Owner or Admin of your account.
- Make sure you know the email address of the Owner or Admin of your client's Mailchimp account. You'll need it to request access.
- You can connect additional users to a client account. These users will need their own login credentials.
Enable client account access
This feature can help you access your client's Mailchimp account without sharing login information. If you already have a Mailchimp account, you’ll set your status in your settings.
To enable client account access, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose Account.
- Click the Settings drop-down and choose Details.
- Scroll to the Client Account Access section and check the I manage multiple accounts box.
- Click Save.
Now that you've updated your account status, you can request access to your clients' accounts from the Clients tab or the Partner Center.
Request access to a client's account
To request access to a client's account, follow these steps.
- In your account, click Clients. Mailchimp Partners will see the Partner Center.
- Click Add A Client.
- In the fields provided, enter your client's email address and a message that reminds them why you need access to their account.
For a better response, we recommend that you include the user level you need your client to approve.
- Click Send.
That's it! We'll email the client on your behalf with a request for access. After the client approves the request, we'll send an email to the Owner of your account.
To link additional client accounts, repeat these steps.
Add a colleague to a client's account
You can invite additional Mailchimp users to access the client account you manage.
To add another user to a client's account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Clients. If you are a Mailchimp Partner you will see the Partner Center.
- Click the dots next to the client account you want to work with.
- Choose Add User.
- Click Add A User.
- In the fields provided, add your colleague's name or their Mailchimp user name. Your colleague must already be a user on your account.
- Click the radio button next to the role you want to assign. You cannot assign a role higher than your own.
- Click Add User.
All set! If you want to add another user to the client's account, repeat these steps.
Switch between client accounts
With client accounts connected, you can quickly move back and forth between them without logging in and out of Mailchimp.
To switch between client accounts, follow these steps.
- In your account, click Clients. If you are a Mailchimp Partner you will see the Partner Center.
- Find the client account you want to work with and click Go To Account.
That's it! You will now be logged into your client's account. The process to return to your account requires a few more steps.
Return to your account
To return to your account, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose Switch Account.
- Click the name of the account you want to access.
After your accounts are connected, explore how these Mailchimp features can build success for your clients.