ShopSync is a third-party integration that supports many of the features available with the Mailchimp for Shopify integration.
In this article, you’ll learn how to switch your integration, and its automations, from Mailchimp for Shopify to ShopSync.
How it works
Switching your integration from Mailchimp for Shopify to ShopSync is a multi-step process. To avoid errors with your automations, you will need to pause your active campaigns, migrate your e-commerce automations, and disconnect Mailchimp for Shopify. Here's how it works.
- Install ShopSync
Use ShopSync to establish a new connection to your Shopify store.
- Migrate your e-commerce automations
To avoid sending duplicate messages, we recommend that you migrate your active automations to ShopSync.
- Disconnect Mailchimp for Shopify
After your automations migrate, it's time to disconnect the original Mailchimp for Shopify integration.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- You must have manager access or higher to make changes to your integration. To learn more about user levels, visit Manage User Levels in Your Account.
- Subscriber based automations being sent from your Shopify store, like automated welcome emails or an onboarding series, will need to be archived and recreated with ShopSync to avoid sending duplicate messages. We recommend that you save them as a template to speed up the recreation process. To learn more, check out Reuse an Email Campaign Layout .
- The abandoned cart email series will not migrate at this time.
- If you have a signup option for your contacts during the checkout process, it is important that you leave the Preselect the sign-up option box unchecked. To learn about Shopify marketing opt-in settings, visit the Shopify Help Center.
- Repeat customers who do not accept marketing at checkout will be unsubscribed from your audience.
Install and connect ShopSync
Use ShopSync to send your Shopify customer and order data to Mailchimp. To install, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Shopify store.
- Click Apps.
- Click Visit the Shopify App Store.
- Find the ShopSync listing and click Add app.
- Click Install App.
- Click Connect.
- In the pop-up window, input your Mailchimp credentials and click Log In.
- After you connect, select an audience, choose your double opt-in settings, and map merge tags.
- Click Start Sync.
That's it! ShopSync will start to sync your store information to Mailchimp. The time it takes to sync depends on account data and the number of orders in your store.
After your sync is complete, click the Support tab to view your customer support options. Here, you can upgrade to ShopSync’s pro plan and access chat and email support.
Migrate your e-commerce automations
To avoid sending duplicate messages, you will need to migrate your e-commerce automations to send from ShopSync.
To migrate your store, follow these steps.
Pause your active e-commerce automations
Abandoned cart automations, order notifications, and product retargeting campaigns will all need to be paused.
To pause your automations, follow these steps.
- Click the Campaigns drop-down and choose All campaigns.
- Click the drop-down menu for the automation being sent from Shopify and choose Edit.
- Click Pause All Emails.
Some types of automations look a little different. For these, you’ll click Pause and Edit.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all e-commerce automations connected to the Mailchimp for Shopify integration.
Click Link to Migrate Your Store
To migrate your store's automations to ShopSync, follow these steps.
- Click this link. When you click this link, a new tab will appear and we will transfer your automations to send from ShopSync.
- Close the tab.
To resume your automations, follow these steps.
Click the Campaigns drop-down and choose All campaigns.
Click the drop-down menu for the automation you want to work with and choose Edit.
- Click Resume All Emails
Some types of automations look a little different. For these, you'll click Resume Sending.
Disconnect Mailchimp for Shopify
After you've installed ShopSync and migrated your automations, it’s time to disconnect the Mailchimp for Shopify integration.
To disconnect the integration from Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name, and choose Connect.
Click Integrations and verify that you are looking at the correct store.
- In the pop-up modal, type DISCONNECT and click Continue to proceed with disconnecting your store.
That's it! You have just disconnected your Shopify store.