Whether you're an expert or a novice in email marketing, Mailchimp gives you tools to design beautiful campaigns. You can choose to work with the classic builder or use the new builder, which is a beta feature.
In this article, you'll learn how to switch your default email builder.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Mailchimp offers 2 builders to design your emails. To learn more about each builder, check out Design an Email with the New Builder and Design an Email with the Classic Builder.
- You’ll design an email when you create an email template or regular email. To learn more, check out Create an Email Template and Create a Regular Email Campaign.
- After you create a template or regular email, you'll access and edit it in the version of the builder you used even if you switch your default builder.
Switch your default email builder
Switch your default builder at any time from the Account details page. When you switch your default builder, it applies to any new templates and regular emails you create. No matter which builder is currently set as your default, you'll still have all of your templates and regular emails, in the builder they were created in.
To switch your default email builder, follow these steps.
- Click your profile icon and choose Account & billing.
- Click the Settings drop-down, then choose Details.
- In the Default Email Builder section, choose between Classic Builder and New Builder.
After you make your selection, a checkmark will appear on your default email builder.