Mailchimp’s Marketplace gives you the opportunity to buy professionally designed email templates that address specific marketing needs. Once you purchase an email template, it’s automatically added to your account where you can duplicate and customize it with your own images, text, and branding.
In this article, you’ll learn how to buy a template from the Mailchimp Marketplace and duplicate it in your account so you can customize it.
Before you start
- You’ll need a Standard or higher Marketing plan to purchase email templates from the Mailchimp Marketplace. Legacy paid plans will need to migrate to a Standard Marketing plan or higher to purchase email templates.
- The email templates available for purchase in the Marketplace are compatible only with the new builder. If you are using the classic builder, you’ll need to change to the new builder to customize any email templates purchased from the Marketplace. To learn more about the classic or the new email builder, check out Types of Email Templates.
Purchase an email template
To purchase an email template from the Marketplace, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Mailchimp Marketplace.
- Review the email templates available for purchase. You can browse available templates by category or scan for an email template designed for a particular use.
- Click a template to see its detail page.
- Click Purchase to buy the email template. The one-time fee will always be indicated.
- Enter your payment and contact information, and then click Pay Now.
That’s it! You’ve purchased an email template. To open the new email builder and customize the template, click View Templates on your receipt.
Duplicate a purchased email template for customization
Once you’ve purchased an email template, you’ll need to make a copy of it in the new email builder before you can customize it.
To make a copy of a purchased email template, follow these steps.
- Click the Campaigns icon.
- Choose Email templates.
- Click the Purchased tab.
- Find the template you want to customize and click Duplicate and edit.
That’s it! Your purchased email template opens in the new email builder. You can repeat these steps to duplicate and save multiple custom templates based on your purchased template.
Once you have a duplicate copy of a purchased template, you’re ready to customize the text and artwork using the new builder. For more information, check out the following articles.