If you've already designed and coded an HTML email in another program, or received HTML from a designer, you can use the Paste in Code feature to create your campaign.
In this article, you'll learn how to paste HTML code to create an email campaign.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- In your HTML code, all images must be hosted on a public server, and all links should be set as absolute paths that point directly to that public server. You can also use the Content Manager in your MailChimp account to host your images and insert image URLs into your HTML code.
- This is an advanced feature and is recommended for users familiar with custom coding. Contact your developer, or hire a MailChimp Expert if you need assistance.
Paste in Code
To create a campaign with pasted HTML code, follow these steps.
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Design Email.
- On the Template step, click the Code your own tab.
- Select Paste in code.
- Paste your HTML into the code editor, and click Save.
Important CSS options and code snippets are also available in the code editor. To review optional settings, click the Settings tab.
- CSS Inliner
Check the Automatic CSS-Inliner box to help your code display more accurately in a variety of inboxes.
- Unsubscribe Link
Copy the unsubscribe link and paste it into your code. An unsubscribe link is required in all email campaigns.
Copy the MonkeyRewards badge merge tag and paste it in your code where you want the badge to appear. The badge is required for free accounts.
- Editor Theme
Click the Editor theme drop-down menu to change the appearance of the code editor.