Mailchimp’s Customer Journey feature is a powerful tool that helps you connect with and organize your contacts with marketing journeys. We offer a number of pre-built journey maps that have starting points, branches, emails and more to help you get started quickly.
In this article, you'll learn how to use pre-built maps.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Depending on your plan, you may have limited access to pre-built journey maps. To learn more, check out our pricing page.
- If you haven’t worked with Customer Journeys before, check out About Customer Journeys.
- The default starting points, rules, and actions for pre-built maps can be edited at any time. To learn about the different ways to customize your customer journey, check out All the Starting Points and Create a Customer Journey.
- Most pre-built maps include an email action that you’ll design with our classic email builder. To learn more about designing an email, check out our article Design an Email with the Classic Builder.
- Pre-built maps with e-commerce functionality require a connected store. You can use your Mailchimp store or a separate connected store.
Pre-built journeys are located in the Explore tab of the Customer Journeys homepage. There are plenty of pre-built journey maps to choose from including maps that engage lost customers and maps that welcome new contacts.
To help you choose a pre-built map, filter by Vertical, Objective, and Use with.
Use a combination of choices from each of the drop-down menus to narrow down our available maps. If you need to clear your selections, click Clear all.
When you click on a pre-built journey that you’re curious about, we’ll show you a preview. You’ll see a description of the map, what you’ll need to use the map, and a visual representation of the map.
Choose a pre-built journey map
When you choose a pre-built map, we’ll show you a visual preview of the map along with what you’ll need to use it. After you choose your journey, you can customize the map to meet your needs.
To choose a pre-built journey, follow these steps.
- Click the Automations icon.
- Choose the pre-built map you want to work with.
- Preview the pre-built journey map, then click Build a Journey.
- Click the drop-down menu to choose an audience, then click Continue.
Depending on which pre-built map you choose, you may also need to choose your store, and a product to configure your journey.
Good job! Now that you’ve chosen your pre-built map, you can customize the journey to suit your marketing needs. To learn more about working with customer journeys, check out Create a Customer Journey.