Mailchimp’s Customer Journey feature is a powerful tool that helps you connect with and organize your contacts with marketing journeys. We offer a number of pre-built journey maps that have starting points, branches, emails and more to help you get started quickly.
In this article, you'll learn how to use pre-built maps.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Depending on your plan, you may have limited access to pre-built journey maps. To learn more, check out our pricing page. To change your plan type, visit the plans page in your account.
- If you haven’t worked with Customer Journeys before, check out About Customer Journeys.
- The default starting points, rules, and actions for pre-built maps can be edited at any time. To learn about the different ways to customize your customer journey, check out Edit a Customer Journey Map.
- Pre-built maps with e-commerce functionality require a connected store. You can use your Mailchimp store or a separate connected store.
Pre-built journeys are located in the Explore tab of the Customer Journeys homepage. There are plenty of pre-built journey maps to choose from including maps that engage lost customers and maps that welcome new contacts.
To help you choose a pre-built map, filter by Vertical, Objective, and Use with.
Use a combination of choices from each of the drop-down menus to narrow down our available maps. If you need to clear your selections, click Clear all.
When you click on a pre-built journey that you’re curious about, we’ll show you a preview. You’ll see a description of the map, what you’ll need to use the map, and a visual representation of the map.
Choose a pre-built journey map
When you choose a pre-built map, we’ll show you a visual preview of the map along with what you’ll need to use it. After you choose your journey, you can customize the map to meet your needs.
To choose a pre-built journey, follow these steps.
- Click the Automations icon, then choose Customer Journeys.
- Choose the pre-built map you want to work with.
- Preview the pre-built journey map, then click Build a Journey.
- Click the drop-down menu to choose an audience, then click Continue.
Depending on which pre-built map you choose, you may also need to choose your store, and a product to configure your journey.
Good job! Now that you’ve chosen your pre-built map, customize the journey to suit your marketing needs. To learn how to work with and activate your journey map, check out Create a Customer Journey.