Customer Journey actions perform marketing or organizational tasks in your journey map. Use unsubscribe actions in your customer journey map and we’ll automatically unsubscribe a contact from your audience when they reach that point in their journey.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use unsubscribe actions
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- Using an unsubscribe action will unsubscribe a contact from the audience connected to your customer journey map. It does not unsubscribe the contact from all audiences in your account.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-built Journey Maps.
Add an unsubscribe action
To add an unsubscribe action to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Unsubscribe.
- In the Unsubscribe pop-up, click the Action drop-down and choose Unsubscribe.
- Click Save.
Well done! Repeat these steps to add additional unsubscribe actions in your journey map as needed.