The Mailchimp + Asana integration allows teams to track important email campaign details and reporting metrics from Mailchimp in Asana tasks.
For example, teams planning email campaigns in Asana can also add a Mailchimp email campaign widget to a tracking task to view campaign performance.
Use Asana Rules to trigger the addition of email campaign metrics as a comment on a linked task to notify task collaborators about the campaign's status.
For example, when a task in Asana moves to a certain section like “Ongoing campaigns”, a rule can be triggered to add the report of the email campaign to the task with the linked campaign as a comment.
How to connect Mailchimp + Asana:
Here’s how to attach an existing Mailchimp campaign as a widget to an Asana task:
- Log into Asana, and find the project where you want to enable the Mailchimp widget
- Click on Customize in the upper right-hand corner
- Scroll down to the Apps section, then select +Add app
- Select Mailchimp
- Click Add to project and follow the steps to connect Mailchimp to Asana
- Link a Mailchimp email campaign to a task by clicking the Add Mailchimp email campaign button under the Mailchimp field at the top of the task details pane
- Insert the URL for your relevant Mailchimp email campaign
- Attached Mailchimp details will appear as a widget in the task pane, including status, open rate, click rate, and date delivered
Note: This integration is already built into Asana, but you need to sign up for a Mailchimp account to get started.
Here’s how to set up the Asana Rules integration with Mailchimp:
- Navigate to the specific Asana project where you’d like to add a rules integration
- Click Customize in the top-right corner, navigate to Rules, and select + Add rule
- Select Mailchimp from the left column
- You can select a preset rule or click Create custom rule
- If creating a custom rule, add a name, and choose a trigger and action to get started
- Authenticate by clicking Connect to Mailchimp and following the steps
- Click Create rule