What is email marketing?
When we talk about real estate email marketing, we refer to the practice of using email to communicate with current or prospective customers and clients.
There are several examples of email marketing that real estate agents might use. They include:
- Sending a welcome email to new clients
- Sending listings and open house information to people in the local area who you know are looking for houses
- Discussing your credentials and experience in an effort to get someone to call you for help buying or selling a house
- Sending a follow-up email to past clients, letting them know that you are available if they need to buy or sell property in the future
- Creating a newsletter that covers real estate market topics, like the home buying process
This is a brief overview of email marketing 101. There are some emails that you might only send once, but there are other types of emails that you may include as a part of an email campaign.
Take a closer look at a few email marketing campaign examples if you want to make sure that you get as much out of email marketing software and campaign as you can.
Benefits of email marketing for realtors
The real estate industry is incredibly competitive, and that is why you need to take advantage of email marketing software.
If you decide to use an email marketing campaign to your advantage, there are several significant benefits you will enjoy. They include:
- Personalized content: You can use an email marketing campaign to create personalized content for your prospective customers and clients. It simply feels more personal when compared to sending a giant social media blast.
- Get responses: You also give your prospective customers and clients an opportunity to respond directly to you. If you decide to send out postcards, there is a significant barrier to a response, as customers will have to put something in the mail to respond. With emails, customers and potential clients can respond to you with a single click.
- Stay relevant: Even though not everyone is going to read your emails from start to finish, they are a great way for you to stay relevant and generate leads. Using email marketing, you can keep your name at the front of your readers’ minds, which might make you their first choice over other real estate agents when they are ready to purchase or sell a house in the future.
- One-on-one connections: Purchasing and selling real estate is incredibly personal. Therefore, you need to develop strong, personal connections with your customers and clients if you want to succeed.
- Low cost: Orchestrating an email marketing campaign does not have to be expensive. You don't have to spend money every time you want to send a message to someone. This could be one of the most cost-effective digital marketing options available.
Ultimately, these are just a few of the biggest benefits you might experience if you decide to use email marketing. As a real estate agent, you must make sure that you put email marketing to work for your firm.
Real estate email marketing tips
If you want to maximize your email marketing campaigns, you need to be familiar with basic strategies and tips.
Some of the most important tips you should follow if you want to maximize your email marketing campaign include:
Include a call-to-action
People want to make other people happy. Therefore, you need to make it clear what you want your recipients to do. Do you want them to check out your latest listings? Do you want them to give you a call?
You must make sure you put a call to action in every email you send to guide your reader to do what you want.
You should also make sure to include testimonials from past clients. Reviews and ratings are powerful. If potential buyers or sellers see that your prior clients are happy with the work you do, they will be more likely to call you.
You can talk about yourself all day, but it is different when someone else is sharing a positive review. Therefore, make sure you share testimonials and reviews with your recipients.
Provide tips and relevant info
Even though you want people to give you their business, show them that you want them to be happy. You can do so by sharing educational tips.
For example, what do people need to know about financing a mortgage? What are a few red flags people should know about when they are looking at houses? You may want to share educational tips that can help your recipients make the best possible decision.
Your time is your most valuable resource, so you must make sure you automate when you can. There are software programs that can automatically send out emails to your recipients, helping you save time when you orchestrate your digital marketing campaign.
Personalize as much as possible
Do not forget that you still need to keep your emails personal. Even though automation is important, make sure your emails still have a personal touch to them.
Read your emails before you send them. What would be your reaction if someone sent you an email like that? Make sure you would want to receive an email before you send the same one to your prospects.
Optimize for mobile
People are going to look at real estate listings using different platforms. For example, some people may use a desktop computer, while other people may use their mobile devices.
Make sure you optimize your emails for mobile devices as well. Lots of people get emails sent directly to their phones, so make sure they can read your email easily.