Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
Hidden fields help you store subscriber information in your audience. Subscribers won't see hidden field data, and you can use it to segment your audience on this hidden criteria.
In this article, you'll learn how to add hidden fields to your signup form.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This process makes a field hidden on your Mailchimp-hosted signup form. To create hidden fields on an embedded form, autofill a hidden text field.
- It's important to make sure your hidden fields are not required.
Add a Hidden Field
- Navigate to the Audience tab.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Signup forms.
- Select Form builder.
- Click the Forms and response emails drop-down menu, and choose Signup form.
- Navigate to the Build it tab.
- Click the field you want to hide, or add a new field.
- Click Field settings.
- Under field visibility, click hidden.
- Click Save Field.