If you use Ubercart or Drupal Commerce, you can connect Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal to sync your store with Mailchimp. Use purchase data to create targeted automations, measure your ROI, and more.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal.
Before you start
- To connect Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal, you must have an active Drupal store.
- Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal supports both Drupal Commerce and Ubercart for Drupal 8, Drupal 9, and Drupal 10. This is an advanced feature recommended for users familiar with installing modules. Contact your Drupal expert or developer if you need assistance.
- If you use Drupal 7, your connection will continue to work, but you may not be able to take advantage of some of the updated features outlined in this article.
- To view the e-commerce features supported by this integration, visit the Drupal Commerce listing in your account.
- This integration is compatible with our Marketing API version 3.0.
About Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal
The Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal integration allows you to install two modules in your Drupal 8 account and configure them to work with either Ubercart or Drupal Commerce. After you connect the integration, we'll sync your customers and existing product information to a Mailchimp audience. When a customer completes a new order, the completed order and totals are synced as well. You can do a lot with the data you collect, like build segments, send automations, track campaign purchases, and view results.
Here's a brief overview of the multi-step installation process.
- Download, install, and configure the Mailchimp module and Mailchimp E-Commerce module in your Drupal website. This process varies based on the version of Drupal you use.
Connect and Configure
- Sign into your Mailchimp account and authorize the connection to Drupal.
- Create a store and connect it to your Mailchimp account.
- Sync your Drupal purchase data to your Mailchimp account.
After the modules are installed, you’ll configure them to work with either Drupal Commerce or Ubercart and your Mailchimp audience, campaigns, forms, and pages. If you need help with this, take a look at Drupal’s documentation for installing modules. Or, contact your Drupal expert or developer.
Connect and configure
After you successfully install and configure the modules in Drupal you’ll need to navigate to the Global Settings tab in your Drupal account. Here, you'll complete a multi-step process to create a Mailchimp store in Drupal and configure its settings. Then, you'll connect that store to Drupal and sync data between the two apps.
Before you create and connect a Mailchimp store to Drupal, you'll need to sign into your Mailchimp account and authorize the connection to Drupal.
To authorize your connection, follow these steps.
- In the Global Settings tab, check the box for Use OAuth Authentication.
- Check the box next to Enable connected site.
- Check the box next to Batch Processing.
- Click the Batch limit drop-down menu to choose the number of entities you want to process.
- Click Save configuration.
- Next, click the OAuth Settings tab.
- Enter a domain (or leave the default value).
- Click Authenticate.
- On the pop-up modal, input your Mailchimp credentials and click Log In.
- Review the connection details and click Allow.
Create a Mailchimp Store in Drupal
To create a store, follow these steps.
- Click the eCommerce tab.
- In the Store Name field, input your store name.
- Click the Store Currency Code drop-down menu and choose your preferred currency.
- Click Save configuration.
Great job! Now that you've created your Mailchimp store, you're ready to sync data between Drupal and Mailchimp.
Sync your data
After you create your Mailchimp store, you’ll be ready to sync your existing product data to your Mailchimp account.
To sync your data, follow these steps.
- In the eCommerce tab, click Sync existing Commerce products to Mailchimp.
- Check the box next to Sync Products.
- Click Sync with Mailchimp.
That's it! Now that your store is connected, we'll start syncing your Drupal customer and order data to Mailchimp.
To verify your store is connected properly, navigate to the Integrations page in Mailchimp and make sure your Drupal store appears there.
Now that you’ve installed Mailchimp E-commerce for Drupal, check out the following articles to learn more about Mailchimp features.
Disconnect Mailchimp E-Commerce for Drupal
To disconnect your integration, follow the standard Drupal steps to uninstall a module.