Connect the SurveyMonkey integration to quickly send surveys to your Mailchimp contacts. You can view results in your campaign report, and use segments to target people who didn't respond.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect the integration, send a survey, and review the results.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Only active SurveyMonkey surveys that are collecting responses are available to use with Mailchimp.
- You must use one of our SurveyMonkey email templates for the survey results to populate in your Mailchimp report.
- Don't replicate SurveyMonkey campaigns in Mailchimp. This can break our connection and data tracking.
Connect the Integration
To connect the integration, follow these steps.
- Click your profile name and choose Account.
- Click Integrations.
- Click SurveyMonkey.
- Click Connect.
- Log in to SurveyMonkey to grant Mailchimp access to your SurveyMonkey account.
After you complete this process, you can link your SurveyMonkey surveys in a new Mailchimp email campaign.
Send a Survey with a SurveyMonkey Template
After you connect your Mailchimp account to SurveyMonkey, use a pre-designed SurveyMonkey template to add a survey to an email campaign.
To send a survey from your Mailchimp account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign.
- In the pop-up modal, click Email.
- On the Regular tab, enter a campaign name.
- Click Begin.
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Design Email.
- On the Template step, click the All drop-down menu and choose Integrations.
- Click the SurveyMonkey template you want to use.
- In the Choose a SurveyMonkey Survey pop-up modal, choose a survey from the drop-down menu and click Select.
If you don't see your preferred survey when you choose your Mailchimp template, navigate to your SurveyMonkey account and choose the Get Web Link option.
- Continue building your campaign.
Now, a link to your survey will be automatically included in your email campaign. Recipients can click the link to open the survey in a separate browser tab or window.
View Survey Results
After you send your campaign, it's best to wait a bit and give your contacts some time to respond before you view results in Mailchimp.
To view the survey results in your Mailchimp campaign report, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Reports page.
- Click the title of a campaign that includes a SurveyMonkey survey.
- Click the Analytics360 tab to review your survey results.
- Scroll to the SurveyMonkey Stats section at the bottom of the page.
Here are a few things you should know about your SurveyMonkey results.
- SurveyMonkey statistics update every three hours. Stats will continue to update for seven days after your campaign is sent.
- To manually update the stats, click the Update Stats button.
- Quickly send to your survey recipients with the Send To This Segment button. This will take you to the Campaign Builder with the segment preselected.
- Click the View Response button to view individual recipients' responses to your survey.
Segment List by Survey Activity
You can create segments based on whether your recipients interacted with your survey. Segmentation options include:
- Whether contacts have started your survey or not
- Whether contacts have completed your survey or not