Looking for something? Mailchimp's account-wide search feature helps you locate campaigns and contacts from any page you're working on, while our Campaigns page search offers a more targeted approach.
In this article, you'll learn how to search for contacts and campaigns in your account.
Before you start
- It may take up to an hour before new contacts and campaigns appear in account search results. When a new contact is added to your audience or a new campaign is created, we have to re-index the account data for it to become searchable.
- To search your contacts for more complex data, consider an advanced segment.
- Hyphens, apostrophes, and other special characters may not be recognized by the search engine. Be sure to remove any special characters when you search.
Search your account
To search for campaigns and contacts across your account, follow these steps.
- Click the Search icon.
- Click the filter drop-down menu to search by type.
Choose Campaigns to search for email campaigns and Contacts to search for contacts. If you're not sure what type of search to use, choose Everything to search both campaign and contact information in your account.
- Type a campaign or contact keyword into the search bar without any hyphens or special characters, then press Enter or click the magnifying glass icon.
- Click Edit for draft campaigns, View Report for sent campaigns, or View Profile for contacts.
Search results are sorted by relevance to your search term. When you click Edit for a draft campaign, it will open in the Email Builder. When you click View Report for a sent campaign, you'll see the report for the campaign. When you click View Profile for a contact, you’ll see all of their information.
For more specific searches, like merge tag values or campaign statuses, click Advanced search keywords. Find the keyword you want to use, and click it to add it to the search bar.
Campaign search keywords
To search a specific part of a campaign, choose one of these Advanced search keywords.
|Keyword||How to use|
|fromname:XX||Searches the from name of a campaign. Replace XX with all or part of the name you're searching for.|
|subject:XX||Searches the subject line of a campaign. Replace XX with all or part of the subject line you're searching for.|
|name:XX||Searches the name of a campaign. Replace XX with all or part of the campaign name you're searching for.|
|type:XX||Searches across campaign types. Replace XX with regular, absplit, rss, automation, or plaintext.|
|email_status:XX||Searches the status of a campaign. Replace XX with draft, sent, or sending.|
|ad_status:XX||Searches the status of your ads. Replace XX with draft, completed, or active.|
Contact search keywords
To search a specific field of the contact's profile, choose one of these Advanced search keywords.
|Keyword||How to use|
|email:XX||Searches for an email address. Replace XX with all or part of an email address.|
|merge1:XX||Searches the *|MERGE1|* field. Replace XX with all or part of the content you're searching for.|
|merge2:XX||Searches the *|MERGE2|* field. Replace XX with all or part of the content you're searching for.|
If you're not sure what type of search to use, choose Everything to search both campaign and contact information in your account.
Search in a specific audience
To search for campaigns or contacts in a particular audience, follow these steps.
- Click Audience.
- Click All contacts.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- Click the search icon next to the Surveys option.
Enter keywords as you normally would, and your results will only come from the audience you've selected.
Search from the Campaigns page
On the Campaigns page, you can search all of your campaigns at once, or narrow your search to a specific folder, campaign type, or audience.
To search your campaigns from Campaigns page, follow these steps.
- Click the Campaigns icon.
- Click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with. Select All audiences if you are searching all campaigns in your account.
- Click on the search bar and enter the name of the campaign you are looking for.
- Press Enter or click on the result in the search bar.
Narrow your search
To search campaigns with a certain status, click the status option you want to work with from the View by Status sidebar.
To search for a specific campaign type, click the campaign type you want to work with in the View by Type sidebar.
You can also click the search bar and choose one of the suggested options.
To search a specific folder, click the folder you want to work with, and run your search.