A new template is a quick way to change the look of your email campaign. You can switch your campaign template in the Campaign Builder at any time, and we'll try to move previous campaign content into your new layout. Don't worry if some content is missing after the switch, you can recover it.
In this article, you'll learn how to switch your campaign template.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- We recommend that you save your original content as a template, or replicate it as a backup. Occasionally, we're unable to transfer all your content from one template to another.
- To help us move your content when switching templates, we recommend you make a minor edit, such as an added space, to each content block that has text.
- Depending on your plan, you may not have access to all of the template options. To find out what features are included in each plan, check out our pricing page.
To switch your template in the Campaign Builder, follow these steps.
- In the Content section, click Edit Design.
- On the Template step, choose from the Layouts, Themes, Saved templates, or Campaigns tabs. Code your own templates don't preserve content during a switch.
- Select the template you want to use in the email campaign.
- In the About switching templates pop-up modal, click Change Template.
We'll do our best to place your original template's content in the new template of your choice.
If text from your old layout is missing from your new layout, we can help you recover it. Any image content can be accessed with the Content Studio.
To access recovered email campaign content after you switch templates, follow these steps.
- Click a Text content block in your campaign.
- In the editing pane, click Recovered Content.
You'll only see the Recovered Content button if we were unable to easily transfer all of your content.
- Use the left and right arrows to view each piece of recovered content.
- When you find the content you want to place in the content block you're currently editing, click Use This.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for other Text content blocks in your email campaign.