A new template is a quick way to change the look of your email campaign. You can switch your template in the new or classic email builder at any time, and we'll try to move previous campaign content into your new layout.
In this article, you'll learn how to switch your campaign template.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- We recommend that you save your original content as a template or replicate it as a backup. Occasionally, we're unable to transfer all your content from one template to another.
- To help us move your content when switching templates, we recommend you make a minor edit, such as an added space, to any content block with text.
- Depending on your plan, you may not have access to all of the template options. To find out what features are included in each plan, check out our pricing page.
In the new email builder
To switch your template in the new email builder, follow these steps.
- Click Templates.
If you don’t see this option, you may first need to click outside the margins of your design.
- Hover over the template you want to switch to and click Apply.
- In the Change Template modal, you can choose to Continue with existing content or Start with a clean template.
If you choose to continue with existing content, we’ll transfer over the images and text from your current design. If you choose to start with a clean template, nothing will be saved or transferred.
In the classic email builder
To switch your template in the classic email builder, follow these steps.
- On the design step, click the Template drop down menu and choose Save this design as a template to back up your content.
- Enter a name for your backup template and click Save.
- Click the Template drop-down again and choose Switch templates.
- Choose a new template from the Layouts, Themes, Saved templates, or Campaigns tab. Code your own templates won't preserve content during a switch.
- In the About switching templates pop-up modal, click Change Template.
We'll do our best to place your original template's content in the new template of your choice.