If you need to remove an import of contacts from your list who were imported together, you can undo the import on the list’s Import History page.
In this article, you’ll learn how to undo a list import.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To import or export contacts, you need a list in MailChimp. To learn more, check out Getting Started With Lists.
- After you import contacts to a list, we’ll tell you if there were any errors, and which addresses were affected. Then, you can undo the import, remove the affected addresses, and redo the import. To learn more about how to resolve issues with your import, read Troubleshooting List Imports.
Undo a List Import
You can undo a list import at any time, for any reason. When you undo an import, you’ll only remove contacts who were added by that import. You won’t remove contacts who were in your list before the import, and you won’t revert any field data that was updated for existing contacts as a result of the import.
To undo your list import, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Lists page.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Manage contacts.
- Click Import History.
- Find the list import you want to remove, and click Undo.
- In the Undo Import pop-up modal, type UNDO and click Undo.
After you confirm the action, the list import will display an Undone timestamp on the Import History page.