Customer Journey actions perform marketing or organizational tasks in your journey map. Use group/ungroup actions in your map to automate how you organize your contacts. We’ll automatically add or remove your contacts from an existing audience group when they reach this action in your map.
In this article, you'll learn how to add group/ungroup actions to your Customer Journey map.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To learn more about Customer Journeys, how they work, and what you can do with your plan, check out About Customer Journeys.
- To learn more about audience groups in Mailchimp, check out Getting Started with Groups.
- Our pre-built journey maps use default starting points, rules, and actions. To learn more, check out Use Pre-built Journey Maps.
Add a group/ungroup action
To add a group/ungroup action to a journey map, follow these steps.
- Hover over the plus icon (+) on the step where you want the rule to occur, then click Add a journey point.
- In the action panel, click Group/Ungroup.
- In the Group/Ungroup pop-up, click the Group drop-down and choose the group you want to work with.
- Click the Action drop-down to choose to Add or Remove the contact from the group.
- Click Save.
Well done! Repeat these steps to add additional group/ungroup actions in your journey map as needed.