After you've connected your store to Mailchimp and turned on e-commerce tracking, we'll let you know how much revenue you've earned from email marketing. Use this data to track individual product sales and total campaign revenue, and target your customers with personalized offers so you can earn even more.
In this article, you'll learn how to view the revenue you've earned from email campaigns.
Things to know
- To view revenue data, you must first connect your store to Mailchimp with an e-commerce integration or the API.
- To export any e-commerce data, you will need to use the Analytics360 tab which requires the Google Analytics integration.
- You can view revenue in contact profiles and campaign reports.
- Mailchimp displays net revenue, which excludes shipping fees and taxes.
View a campaign report
Use campaign reports to find out how much money you earned in a specific email campaign or automation. Your email campaign reports include detailed revenue data like orders, average order revenue, and total campaign revenue.
To view e-commerce data for a specific campaign, follow these steps.
- Click Campaigns.
- Click Reports.
- Click View Report next to the campaign or automation you want to work with.
- Click the E-commerce tab to view Product activity or Order history.
- Click Product activity to view a list of products sold through the campaign, purchases generated by product recommendations, and revenue totals.
- Click Order history to see a record of subscriber purchases.
To filter purchases by a different store, click the View store drop-down menu.
View a contact profile
For a more precise view of e-commerce data, you can track revenue details for a specific contact on their profile page.
To view e-commerce data in a contact profile, follow these steps.
- Click Audience.
- Click Audience dashboard.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- Click View Contacts.
- Click the contact you want to work with to open their profile.
- Click the All Activity drop-down menu and choose E-commerce to view orders associated with the contact.
Your contact's e-commerce purchases will display by date. For each transaction, we'll include the number of items purchased, the order total, and order number. Click the order to view the details in your connected store.
Total revenue data will appear in the top-right corner of the contact's profile.
Some e-commerce platforms will add past purchase information to contact profiles that didn't result from one of your campaigns. In this case, the e-commerce data on profile pages will differ from the data in your campaign reports.
After you analyze your revenue, learn about some resources that can help you earn even more.