4. Repurpose content
Reusing content can help you reach a new audience and reinforce your message with minimal effort on your part. A new design or layout can easily refresh content that’s timeless and may have great value to an audience who hasn’t seen it yet. Recycling existing assets also gives you a chance to fine-tune your brand messaging.
“Good, evergreen content can be expensive and time-consuming to produce from scratch,” Jon notes. “Repurposing content is cost-efficient and has the bonus of injecting repetition into your messaging. People often need to hear messages multiple times to internalize them, so repurposing helps give your marketing continuity while keeping it fresh.”
There are many ways you can repurpose existing content into something new.
- Data from a survey report can be used to create an infographic.
- Interesting sound bites from webinars can be edited down into 1- or 2-minute clips that are perfect for social media.
- An evergreen “how to” article can be updated with new examples and reposted with a new headline.
- Blog posts highlighting customer success stories could be compiled into an e-book.
- A presentation for prospective clients could be turned into a shareable slide deck showcasing your range of services.
Mailchimp’s new design tool, Creative Assistant, makes it easy for you to repurpose your existing brand assets for all your marketing channels. Our Creative Assistant uses AI to make the most of content you already have. It takes assets like logos, images, fonts, and colors and reimagines them into attractive, new, on-brand designs you can easily edit and size to use in different marketing channels.
By reusing these design elements, Creative Assistant helps you save time and maintain brand consistency with confidence. You choose and modify the designs you use, so you maintain creative control.