Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
Use the *|FACEBOOK:LIKE:URL|* merge tag to add a Like button to a specific link in your campaign. Insert the Like button next to products, news items, or a link to your company website or Facebook page so your subscribers can instantly like pieces of your campaign content on Facebook.
In this article, you'll learn how to insert a Like button for any link in your campaign.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- The Like button displays the Facebook icon. The URL will be hidden behind the Like, so we recommend you make it clear to your subscribers what link the button corresponds to.
- When a recipient clicks the Like button, they're taken to the campaign page, where a Facebook pop-up modal displays and asks your subscriber to confirm the Like before it posts to their Facebook profile.
- The Like on the subscribers Facebook profile displays the name and URL for the link they Liked from your campaign.
- You can add the Like merge tag to any new campaign or an existing draft campaign.
Add a Like Button
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Edit Design.
- On the Design step, click the text block you want to add the Like button to.
- Type the *|FACEBOOK:LIKE:URL|* merge tag where you want the Like button to appear.
- Replace "URL" with the complete URL for your link.
- Click Save & Close.
Continue through the Campaign Builder to finish setting up your campaign. When you review the campaign in Preview Mode, we'll replace *|FACEBOOK:LIKE:URL|* tag with the Facebook Like button.