Looking for help with your list?
Mailchimp lists are now called audiences. They include the same data and functionality as before, along with valuable new insights about your contacts. As we introduce this change over time, you’ll notice fewer places where we still say list. Learn more about this change.
Our Facebook integration links your Facebook and Instagram accounts to Mailchimp. If you're having trouble with the integration, or a task that requires the integration, there are a few things that could be happening.
In this article, you'll find some tips to help you troubleshoot the Facebook integration.
General Troubleshooting Tips
Many of the problems we've seen with the Facebook integration are the result of the integration failing to connect properly. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the integration, and make sure to approve each of Facebook’s permission requests. This should solve any problems caused by an error in the setup process.
- Set up the integration from a different computer.
- Use a different network connection.
- If there's another admin for the Facebook Page you want to connect with, try setting up the integration with their Facebook account.
- If you’re having trouble with Facebook or Instagram ads purchased through Mailchimp, learn how to troubleshoot common connection issues.
Troubleshooting the Facebook Signup Form
Here are a few common issues you might see with the Facebook signup form, and some tips to help you troubleshoot.
- The Facebook Page I want to place the form on isn't an option.
Forms can only be placed on Facebook Pages managed through the personal Facebook Page you integrated with your Mailchimp account. Make sure your Profile is set as an administrator for the Page you want to place the signup form on, then disconnect the integration and set it up again.
- I don't see the Mailchimp signup form tab on my Facebook Page.
After you add the signup form to your Page, the tab displays below your cover photo and under the Apps section on your Page. If your Page has a lot of tabs, the signup form tab may be hidden. Rearrange tabs on your Facebook Pages so the signup tab always displays.
- The signup form tab doesn't display on my mobile device.
Facebook's mobile app doesn't support tabs. The signup form tab appears on the desktop version of Facebook, but you won't see it in the mobile app.
- The wrong form displays on my Facebook Page.
Make sure you chose the correct audience on the Integrations page in Mailchimp when you set up your Facebook signup form.
Troubleshooting Facebook in Campaigns
Here are some common issues you might see when you try to access or post Facebook content in Mailchimp.
- My Follow or Like us on Facebook link goes to my personal Facebook profile.
Facebook Follow, as well as Friend or Like links, default to direct to the Facebook profile integrated with your Mailchimp account. You'll need to replace the URL for your Facebook profile with the URL for your company Facebook Page in the Campaign Builder.
- My Follow or Like us on Facebook link goes to the Facebook website.
If you haven't set up the Facebook integration, Facebook Like and Follow links in your campaigns will default to direct to Facebook's website.
- My Social Card shows the wrong image or text.
Facebook and Twitter sometimes display old Social Card images and text if you sent a replicated campaign, or if you sent a test email before you enabled Social Cards. Use Facebook's Debugger tool to refresh your featured image or text on Facebook.
Here are some common issues you might see when you try to access or post Instagram content in Mailchimp.
- Instagram isn’t connected. You’ll see this message on the Instagram tab of the Content Studio if we don’t detect an Instagram business profile for your connected Facebook account. Learn how to add an Instagram account to your Facebook Page.
- Instagram permissions are disabled. You’ll see this message on the Instagram tab of the Content Studio if you’ve added an Instagram account to your Facebook profile but haven’t given us permission to access your Instagram profile and posts. To update your permissions, you may need to disconnect and reconnect the Facebook integration.