Use MailChimp’s Social Cards to customize how your shared campaign URL displays on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Choose an image from your content to feature, and write some descriptive text to encourage clicks.
In this article, you'll learn how to enable, customize, and troubleshoot Social Cards.
Before You Start
- Auto-posts to Facebook do not pull in Social Card images, but you can add images directly to your auto-post in the Campaign Builder.
- When your campaign URL is shared after you send, your Social Card will display as expected.
- Don’t use Social Cards with replicated campaigns, as they may display content from the original campaign. To reuse a previous campaign's layout, save it as a template and enable Social Cards in a new campaign.
- Images for Social Cards should be at least 600px wide. Optimal height depends on the platform. For instance, Facebook requires images to be a minimum of 200-by-200px.
- If your image is smaller than 600px wide, Facebook will create a more compact display.
- Customize your Social Cards before you test campaigns with Facebook share links or Social Share content blocks. Facebook displays the first Social Card it receives, even if it was a test.
- Social Cards can't be edited after you send, so proofread and test thoroughly.