Connect Mailchimp with your Twitter account to post tweets with Mailchimp and add Twitter content to your email campaigns.
In this article, you'll learn how to connect and use the Twitter integration.
You can connect your Twitter account to a specific audience, or make it the default account for all audiences.
To connect a Twitter account to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- Click Integrations.
- Click the Twitter listing to open the integration settings.
- Click the Audience to connect drop-down menu and select Account Default.
The Twitter account you set as the Account Default is used for all audiences that aren’t tied to an individual Twitter account.
- Click Connect. If you're not already logged in to Twitter, you'll be prompted to log in.
- Click Authorize App to give Mailchimp access to the Twitter account.
Nice job! You’ll be redirected to Mailchimp where we’ll show you a success message to confirm Twitter is connected.
From the Audience to connect drop-down menu, you can set a different Twitter account for individual audiences in your Mailchimp account.
After you connect Twitter to Mailchimp, you’ll be able to post a tweet directly from Mailchimp, or use merge tags to pull Twitter content into your email campaigns.
Here are some other articles that’ll help you make the most of the integration.
Sometimes you may need to disconnect a Twitter account from your audience. For example, maybe you’ve started a new Twitter account and want to connect that one instead.
To disconnect a Twitter account from an audience or remove it as the account default, follow these steps.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Twitter to open the integration settings.
- Click on the Audience to connect drop-down and choose the audience you want to change the connected Twitter account for.
If you want to disconnect or change the Twitter account connected to the Account Default, be sure to keep the drop-down set to Account Default.
- Click Disconnect.
After you disconnect, your Twitter account will no longer be connected to your audience or set as your account default. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to disconnect it from other audiences, or follow the steps to connect a different Twitter account to the same audience.