Add the Share content block to your layout to make it easier for people to share your email or page on social media.
In this article, you'll learn how to use the Share content block.
Insert Share block
To insert a Share content block, follow these steps.
- Click and drag the Share block into your layout.
- In the Content tab of the editing pane, choose Campaign page URL or Custom URL. The Campaign page URL shares the campaign page for your sent or published campaign. Custom URL allows you to type in any URL that you want to share. You can add a Share block for each item you include in your campaign, as long as the URLs are different.
- Click each drop-down menu to choose a channel to include. Click Add Another Service to add an item, click the minus icon to remove one, or click the Link text field to edit or add the label.
- Click and hold the item handle to drag the items into your preferred order.
- Make changes in the Style and Settings tabs or click Save & Close if you're done editing the content block.
- The Forward to a Friend option is only available for emails.
- To collect data for your reports, like opens and how many times an email was forwarded, the Forward to a Friend option will always link to the campaign page, even if you choose to use a custom URL.
- The Short Description text won't be displayed when a custom URL is shared on Facebook. Instead, Facebook will pull the title and description from the shared site's metadata
Edit style and settings
To edit style and settings for a Share block, follow these steps.
- In your layout, click the Share block you want to work with to bring up the editing pane.
- In the Style tab, set the container background color and border style, thickness, and color; button background color, border style, thickness, color, and border radius; and text color, font, font size and weight, line height, alignment, and text decoration.
Check the box next to Apply to all existing Share blocks box to apply the style to any other Share blocks in your layout.
- In the Settings tab, choose the alignment, width of the icons within the content block, layout, and icon style.
- Click Save & Close.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps target different types of subscribers at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.