Instagram: 5 tips to help you show off your brand
Instagram has 1 billion monthly users from around the world, and about 80% of them follow at least 1 business (that’s more than the number of Instagrammers who follow celebrities). This gives you the chance to promote discounts and sales you typically include in emails to an even bigger audience, like people who aren’t already subscribed to your email list.
In Mailchimp, you create your posts right in the email builder, so you can reuse design assets from your other marketing and keep your messaging consistent.
Sharing your emails on Instagram helps you:
- Get more eyes on your brand
- Show your customers a more creative, visual side of your business
- Engage with your audience using social media marketing and bring them back to your site
Make sure your images are Instagram ready
The key to a great Instagram post is a high-quality image. Mailchimp makes it easy to choose images from your emails and other campaigns to get your brand more visibility.
When considering images for Instagram, keep these tips in mind:
- Focus on your products. If you’re sending an email about specific products from your store, choose an image that gives a close-up of what you’re selling. Product-focused photos usually perform well.
- Check that your photos fit the platform’s requirements. The photo you pick to share should have a width between 320 and 1080 pixels to ensure it displays the way you want.
- Use a neutral background. To make the subject of your images pop, try photographing them against a light or neutral background. You’ll want to make sure you’re sharing photos that drive people’s attention to the stuff you’re promoting.