The Social Follow content block adds social profile links to your email or page. You can customize these content blocks to display only the platforms you use.
In this article, you'll learn how to use Social Follow content blocks.
Choose up to ten services to add to your Social Follow content block.
- Custom Email link
- Custom Website Link
Insert Social Follow block
To insert a Social Follow content block, follow these steps.
- Click and drag the Social Follow block into your layout.
- In the Content tab of the editing pane, use the drop-down menu to select the channels you want to include. Click Add Another Service to add an item, or click the minus icon to remove one.
- Click the item handle to drag the items into your preferred order.
- Fill in the Page URLs and Link Text fields. Many page URLs point to the channel's main site by default, so make sure you change these to direct to your personal pages.
- Make changes in the Style and Settings tabs or click Save & Close if you're done editing the content block.
The link text is used as the alt text, or alternative text, for the social follow icon when images are turned off. Some email clients, such as Gmail, will not display link text that exceeds the icon width. If the link text does not display when images are turned off, try shortening the link text.
Edit style and settings
To edit the Social Follow block, follow these steps.
- In your layout, click the Social Follow block you want to work with.
- In the Style tab, set the Container background color, border style, thickness, and color, as well as text color, font, font size and weight, line height, alignment, and text decoration.
To apply the style to any other Social Follow blocks in your layout, check the box next to Apply to all existing Social Follow blocks.
- In the Settings tab, choose whether to show the icon, text, or icon and text for each channel. You can also set the icon alignment, the width to display the icons in the content block, and the icon layout and style.
- Click Save & Close.
Enable Dynamic Content
When you design an email, you can turn any content block into Dynamic Content that displays only for certain recipients. This helps you target different types of contacts at the same time with a single email.
To learn more about Dynamic Content and how to enable it in your content block, check out About Dynamic Content.