The Social Follow content block allows you to share links to your social profiles with your subscribers. You can customize these content blocks to display only the platforms you use.
If you want to share the campaign page for your sent campaign, or an article in your campaign, also include a Social Share block in your layout.
In this article, you'll learn how to use Social Follow content blocks in your campaigns.
Insert Social Follow Block
To insert a Social Follow content block, follow these steps.
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Edit Design.
- On the Design step, click and drag the Social Follow block into your campaign layout.
- In the Content tab of the editing pane, use the drop-down menu to select the channels you want to include. Click Add Another Service to add an item, or click the minus icon to remove one.
- Click the item handle to drag the items into your preferred order.
- Fill in the Page URLs and Link Text fields. Many page URLs point to the channel's main site by default, so make sure you change these to direct to your personal pages.
- Make changes in the Style and Settings tabs or click Save & Close if you're done editing the content block.
The link text is used as the alt text, or alternative text, for the social follow icon when images are turned off. Some email clients, such as Gmail, will not display link text that exceeds the icon width. If the link text does not display when images are turned off, try shortening the link text.
Style and Edit the Social Follow Block
To style and edit a Social Follow block, follow these steps.
- Click the Social Follow block you want to edit to bring up the editing window.
- In the Style tab, set the Container background color, border style, thickness, and color, as well as text color, font, font size and weight, line height, alignment, and text decoration.
- Select the Apply To All Existing Social Follow Blocks box to apply the settings to any other Social Follow blocks in your layout.
- In the Settings tab, choose whether to show the icon, text, or icon and text for each channel. You can also set the icon alignment, the width to display the icons in the content block, and the icon layout and style.
- Click Save & Close.
Choose up to ten services to add to your Social Follow content block.
- Custom Email link
- Custom Website Link