Post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter without ever leaving your Mailchimp account. Choose your social networks and add your content, and we'll help you publish everything at once.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and publish social posts from Mailchimp.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Make sure you've set up the integration for each social network you want to include in your social post. To learn more, check out Connect or Disconnect Twitter, Connect or disconnect Facebook and Instagram business account.
- When you set up the Facebook integration, you must approve each of Facebook’s permission requests to post from Mailchimp.
- You can also automatically post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter when you send an email. To learn more, check out Add a Social Post to Your Email.
- Twitter reporting is not supported at this time.
- Users with the Mailchimp Standard plan or higher can schedule social posts. To find out what features are included in each plan, check out our pricing page.
Content requirements for social posts
Here are some things to consider when you choose text and images for your social post.
|• Text is required.|
• Include up to 500 characters.
|• Choose a file smaller than 4MB.|
• PNG files larger than 1MB may be pixelated.
• Up to 4 images allowed.
|• Include up to 2,200 characters. |
• We recommend you not include a URL, as it’s not possible to click or copy a URL in an Instagram caption.
|• Image is required. |
• Choose a file smaller than 8 MB.
• Image size must be at least 150x150px with an aspect ratio of 4:5 to 1:91:1.
• No animated GIFs.
• Only 1 image allowed.
|• Include up to 280 characters.||• Choose a file smaller than 5B. |
• Animated GIFs OK, but you cannot include additional images.
• Up to 4 images allowed.
To create a social post, follow these steps.
- Click the Create drop-down and choose Social post.
- Enter a campaign name and click Begin.
This will take you to the social post builder, where you’ll choose your networks, design and edit your content, and publish or schedule your post.
Choose your social networks
You can publish a social post to a connected Facebook Page, Instagram business profile, Twitter profile, or any combination of the three.
To choose the networks for your social post, follow these steps.
- On the Network step of the social post builder, toggle the sliders to choose your networks.
- Click Save & Continue.
Design your post
Next, you’ll add some content. Facebook posts require text, while Instagram posts require an image. After you save a general design, you can customize your post for each network.
To add your content, follow these steps.
- On the Design step of the social post builder, type the message you want to include with your post.
- Click Upload an image to launch the Content Studio and choose an image for your post.
If you don’t want to include an image with your post, skip to step 5. Instagram posts require an image.
- If you would like to add more images, click Add to open the Content Studio.
- Click Save & Continue
Customize your post
After you design your post, you can customize your content for each network.
To customize your post, follow these steps.
- On the Customize step of the social post builder, click the drop-down menu to choose the profile you’d like to post to for each network.
- Make any edits to your posts’ text in the fields provided.
- If you’d like to change your image, click the X on the image thumbnail, then click Upload an image to open the Content Studio.
If you want to add more images to your Facebook or Twitter content, click Add to open the Content Studio.
- When you’re ready, click Save & Continue.
Publish your post
After you customize your content, you’ll be ready to publish. If you have a Mailchimp Standard plan or higher, you can also schedule your post to publish at a later time.
To publish your social post, follow these steps.
- Click the radio button next to I want to post now.
- Click Publish Now.
Nice job! You’ve just published your social post from Mailchimp. After you publish your post, it may take a few minutes to appear in the social networks you selected.
After you publish your post, stay informed about its performance on Facebook and Instagram in the social post report. You’ll see how many people have viewed your post, how many likes and comments your post has received, and more.