Post to Facebook and Instagram without ever leaving your Mailchimp account. Choose your channels and add your content, and we'll help you publish everything at once.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and publish social posts from Mailchimp.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- To create a social post, make sure you’ve connected the Facebook integration and linked it to your Instagram business account.
- When you set up the Facebook integration, you must approve each of Facebook’s permission requests.
- You can also post to Facebook and Instagram when you send an email campaign. To learn more, check out Auto-Post to Facebook and Auto-Post to Instagram.
To create a social post, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Campaigns page.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Click Social Post.
- Enter a campaign name and click Begin.
This will take you to the social post builder, where you’ll choose your channels, add your content, and publish your post.
You can publish a social post for a connected Facebook Page, Instagram business profile, or both.
To choose the channels for your social post, follow these steps.
- In the Social Channels section of the social post builder, click Edit Channel.
- Toggle the sliders to choose Facebook, Instagram, or both. Then, click the drop-down menu to choose a specific page or profile.
- Click Save.
Create Your Content
You’ll create the content for the channels you choose individually. Facebook posts require text, while Instagram posts require an image.
To add your content, follow these steps.
- In the Content section of the social post builder, click Add Content.
- Click the channel you want to work with. You can switch between channels at any point while you create your content.
- Click Add to launch the Content Studio and choose an image for your post.
If you don’t want to include an image with your post, skip to step 5. Instagram posts require an image.
In the Content Studio, choose or upload your image and click Insert.
Here are some other things to consider when you choose your image.
- You can add up to 4 images for a Facebook post, and 1 image for an Instagram post. Animated GIFs will display as static images.
- For Facebook, we recommend you choose a file smaller than 4MB. PNG files larger than 1MB may display as pixelated.
- For Instagram, the maximum file size is 8MB. Your image size must be at least 150x150px with an aspect ratio of 4:5 to 1:91:1.
In the field provided, add the message you want to include with your post.
Facebook posts can include up to 500 characters, and Instagram posts can include up to 2,200 characters. We recommend you not add URLs to Instagram posts, as it’s not possible to click or copy a URL in an Instagram caption.
The Save button will only be available when you’ve added the required content for your selected channels.
You’ll see a live preview of your content, as you create it.
Publish Your Post
To publish your post to your social channels, follow these steps.
- Click Publish.
- In the Prepare for Launch modal, click Post Now to confirm.
Nice job! You’ve just published your social post from Mailchimp. After you publish your post, it may take a few minutes to appear in the social channels you selected.
After you publish your post, stay informed about your post’s performance in the social post report. You’ll see how many people have viewed your post, how many likes and comments your post has received, and more.