Automatically post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter when you send an email, so you can coordinate your marketing efforts and save time. Include content from your email campaign or website, or share an image to promote your brand to your social followers.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a social post to your email.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Make sure you’ve set up the integration for each social channel you want to post to. To learn more, check out Connect or Disconnect Facebook and Add Instagram to Your Facebook Page, and Connect or Disconnect Twitter.
- Facebook allows you to post to a Facebook Page only, not your personal Facebook profile. Learn more about Facebook Pages and profiles.
- When you replicate an email that includes a social post, that setting will be carried over to the replicated email.
- To learn how social posts in an email interact with Social Cards, read Enable and Customize Social Cards.
- Facebook and Twitter posts are available for regular, plain-text, or RSS email campaigns. Instagram posts are available for regular email campaigns only.
- To learn how to post to your social channels without sending an email, check out Create a social post.
- Twitter reporting is not supported at this time.
After you send your email with your social post included, follow its performance in Facebook and Instagram in the social post report. You’ll see how many people have viewed your post, how many likes and comments your post has received, and more.
- My campaign didn't publish my posts.
Make sure the integration is set up correctly on the Integrations page. If your failed post included your campaign URL, you can copy the campaign page URL for your sent campaign, then send a social post.
- My social account isn't an option.
Navigate to the Integrations page and expand the Twitter or Facebook integration options. Make sure the account you want to post to has been integrated with your Mailchimp account or the specific audience that will receive your campaign.
- I need to cancel my post.
You can revoke Mailchimp’s access in your Twitter or Facebook account, which may prevent the post from publishing. If the post has already published, delete the post directly from your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account.