Get the job done with a pro
From training to full-service marketing, our community of partners can help you make things happen.
Connect or Disconnect the Meta Business Extension
Connect Meta Business Extension with Mailchimp to manage data between Meta and Mailchimp. Use the integration to target custom audiences with a customer journey and match your Mailchimp audience with custom ad audiences.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect and disconnect Meta Business Extension.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- This integration enables advanced advertising tools on Meta and Instagram. To manage social posts, use the Facebook integration.
- You’ll need an active Meta Business Manager account, an ad account and a customer list Custom Audience to connect this integration. Your Business Manager account age is something that Meta considers when determining who can create a customer list Custom Audience.
- All Mailchimp Marketing plans are eligible to install this integration. Some Meta and Instagram features are limited depending on your Marketing plan.
- Only 1 Mailchimp account can be connected to a Meta Business account.
Connect Meta Business Extension
- Open the Meta Business Extension app detail page.
- Click Connect.
- If you’re not already logged in to the Facebook app, enter your Facebook credentials, then click Log In. If you don’t have an existing Facebook account, click Create new account.
- Confirm the name of your account, then click Continue.
- Review the permission requests, then click Continue.
- Choose your Business Manager account, then click Continue. If you need to create a new Business Manager account, click Create new.
- Choose the Facebook Page you want to connect, then click Continue. If you need to create a new Facebook Page, click Create new.
- Repeat this set up process on the Instagram Profile, Ad account, and Meta Pixel screens.
- On the Confirm settings screen, confirm that you've selected the correct accounts. To use your customer information and match it with people on Facebook, toggle on the Automatic advanced matching slider, then click Continue.
- You’ve now connected to the Meta Business Extension. Click Create Ad to build a new Meta ad, or click Done to go back to the Mailchimp integration page.
That’s it! Now that Meta is connected to Mailchimp, plan your ad campaigns or create a customer journey to manage your Meta Custom Audience.
When setting up the integration, you must approve each of Meta’s permission requests. To change any permissions after the integration is connected, disconnect then reconnect the integration.
With your Meta Business account synced with Mailchimp, learn more about Customer Journey actions that are now available to you.
Disconnect Meta Business Extension
To disconnect Meta Business Extension, you'll first disconnect it from your Mailchimp account, then remove Mailchimp from your Meta Business account.
Disconnect in Mailchimp
To disconnect Meta Business Extension from your Mailchimp account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Meta Business Extension app detail page.
- Click Disconnect.
After you've disconnected Meta Business Extension in Mailchimp, you'll need to disconnect Mailchimp in your Facebook account.
Disconnect in the Meta Business Manager
To remove Mailchimp from your Facebook account, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Meta Business Manager account.
- Click on the Business Accounts drop-down.
- Click the Settings icon next to your business account name.
- On the Business Account settings page, click on the Business settings icon in the navigation menu.
- In the navigation panel, click Integrations, then click Connected apps.
- Click Remove app.
- In the pop-up modal, click Remove.
That’s it! You’ve disconnected Mailchimp from your Meta account.